We are looking for a talented Senior Microsoft SQL Database Engineer to join our expanding technology team. In addition to database design and authoring SQL code for our technology stack, you will be expected to assist in the administration of Database servers. This role will work on systems in the AWS cloud where you may introduce new and exciting technologies.
- Write optimized SQL queries for always-on reporting OLTP systems.
- Write complex analytical queries on very large data sets.
- Create and maintain complex ETL solutions using SSIS.
- Develop useful Tableau reports to assist different business units.
- Maintain uptime demands on Business Intelligence systems.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a database engineering focused role working with various Microsoft Business Intelligence tools including SSIS.
- 5+ years of experience in reporting platforms (Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS).
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures used in all phases of applications and systems development.
- Knowledge and experience of principles of database design, data acquisition and data access analysis and design.
- Experience of ANSI SQL standards, advanced programming in different SQL dialects, query optimization, stored procedures/triggers writing, and database performance tuning.
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation.
- The ability to mentor junior members of the team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, preferably Couchbase
- Experience with Windows/Linux systems and writing regular expressions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Redshift, and other related systems