Senior Manager for the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences will report to the Administrative Director supporting all outpatient operations of the Off Campus. In close partnership with the Medical and Clinical Directors, responsible for implementation of programmatic goals for DCAPBS Off Campus in the missions of clinical care, research, and education. Includes physician and staff recruitment/onboarding, staffing planning, analysis, monitoring and implementation of physician compensation plans, collaboration with Research Institute and hospital leaders for appropriate tracking of revenue and expense related to research activities, execution of regulatory compliance activities, expense approval, participation in budget development and monitoring of revenue and expense as compared to budget, and management of unique DCAPBS projects
Senior Manager along with direct alignment to the Off Campus Clinical and Medical Directors, shall have key responsible for the following occurring on the Off Campus:
Manage annual financial performance for all off campus cost centers with oversight of budget approximately $8M
Develop the annual budget for the cost centers, with the assistance of the Administrative Director
Review and analyze monthly financial statements to identify and understand variances and take appropriate corrective actions.
Interact with professional billing office to facilitate accurate and complete physician documentation and charge capture.
Monitor trends in payor mix and collection rate.
Maintain knowledge of available funding sources (e.g., research and/or endowment accounts) and monitor annual use.
Academic Relations and Recruitment
- Support recruitment and smooth onboarding of new physicians, including communication with all involved parties to assure completion of all pre-employment requirements, including credentialing, computer training, office equipment, etc.
- Serve as primary managerial point of contact for all off campus faculty to resolve unique issues.
- Advise on difficult faculty or staff human resources decisions
- Assist in documenting and carrying out decisions on unique situations; serve as primary point of contact between division and HR & Finance on any changes in faculty status
- Manage faculty-and personnel-related expenses for both divisions.
- Approve all operational and physician professional expenses for the divisions, up to authorized limits.
- Prepare requests for mid-year physician incentives for Administrative Director/Chair approval and payroll processing, according to established procedures. Maintain ongoing tracking of year-to-datecompensation for individual physicians.
- Communicate directly with departmental HR and Finance staff regarding any changes in physician or staff FTE, salary external salary support sources, or extended leaves in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain and approve time and attendance for CHOP payroll employees within divisions.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Employee Relations and Oversight
- Oversee administrative and other support staff within divisions.
- Ensure appropriate communication of and compliance with all institutional initiatives and requirements to all off campus DCAPBS staff
- Ensure efficient workflow and assign duties appropriately
- Assist Administrative Director, Medical and Clinical Directors in ensuring appropriate staffing in all areas
- Manage research and clinical staff through delegated leaders (e.g., CRNA Coordinator, Research Manager)
- Approve paid time off; manage performance.
Strategic planning support for Administrative Director and Chair of department
- Support Administrative Director and Chair as primary managerial partner in decision making
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other administrators and physicians within the DCAPBS to achieve shared goal
- Development of existing and new programs to support the mission of department
- Assume primary responsibility for various projects of a programmatic or operational nature
- Develop internal systems for assuring high quality and consistent completion of operational functions
- Perform independent analyses of current processes and design and implement changes where necessary
- Analyze financial and volume data for trends and new program opportunities
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Operations and process improvement
- Oversee the smooth operation of ongoing functions of the off campus DCAPBS cost centers
- Program Quality and Safety support for Medical and Clinical Directors
- Oversee office space planning
- Troubleshoot administrative issues for physicians and staff
- Support continuous quality improvement
- Policy development for department and driving accountability for organizational policies
- Actively participate on all DCAPBS leadership meetings and CHOP Behavioral Health Steering Committee.
- Support the development of the research and education missions of DCAPBS.
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Health, Public Administration
RequiredExperience: Seven (7) years in leadership role within academic healthcare institution or other large healthcare institution that includes oversight of leaders and staff, multiple clinical programs, physician relations and multi-million dollar budgets
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Masters degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
PreferredExperience: Ten (10) years in leadership role within academic healthcare institution or other large healthcare institution that includes oversight of leaders and staff, multiple clinical programs, physician relations and multi-million dollar budgets.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Payor relations
- Physician practice billing
- Academic physician recruitment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Program development
- Strategic planning
- Efficient typing and documentation skills
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Professional development of others