Requisition ID # 82944
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
In Customer Care we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. That information is collected and managed by our Customer Experience Strategy group. Each of our organizations, though completely dependent upon each other, are the experts in their area and will further drive PG&Es alignment around the customer.
Manages and administers a company program, a grouping of project work or a special customer offering with an assigned/designated annual financial budget. Provides oversight, governance, communication, training, reporting as well as overall process and project management for the assigned program. Manages program budget, which may include developing and presenting the budget proposal.
- Demonstrate by personal action a 100% commitment to PG&E employee and public safety.
- Administers identified program work or projects. Tracks activity and completions. Prepares reports and status updates and presents to manager and/or key program stakeholders. Performs trend analysis to identify issues with costs or productivity and develop recommendations. Receives limited guidance from manager on complex issues.
- Applies advanced knowledge of Program Management to moderate to complex assignments and established programs. Works independently on most issues. May participate in the development of new programs.
- Assists manager, principal program manager, or senior peers in analysis of work plan and schedules to reallocate resources or reprioritize program work.
- Collaborates with manager or principal program manager on the development of annual productivity targets for work to be completed in the program.
- Collaborates with Advance Module Infrastructure (AMI), Supply Chain and Gas & Electric Meter Service to manage the Gas Module Warranty program. This includes providing Gas Module Warranty forecast, vendor management and process support. This position is responsible for problem solving, process development, and communications to ensure Gas Module Warranty credit forecast to actual.
- Establish and maintain operational relationships with field metering contacts, becoming the key MS&E liaison for field inventory processes and issues. Represent Meter Asset Management as a subject matter expert and technical resource to various field, billing, and data collection organizations.
- Develop field metering processes that support Warranty Credit, logistics, inventory management, and field deployment during new product introduction or other operational transitions. Ensure integration of the end to end meter inventory processes with various internal organizations including Materials, Electric/Gas Field Metering, and Gas Pipeline Maintenance and Operations.
- Develops communication and training for assigned programs. Ensures target audience is fully educated in the purpose of the program and the proper processes and requirements to follow. May assist more senior peers on communication and training for larger, more complex programs.
- Develops recommendations for improvements to tools and processes for the program. Identifies, develops and participates in or may lead the implementation of best practices to improve productivity and reduce operation costs.
- Ensures ongoing regulatory compliance with the program.
- May assist with GRC testimony research related to the program and CPUC related data requests
- May be assigned to a program that involves external customer interface. Regularly communicates with customers regarding program work status and/or resolving issues.
- Prepares and presents program budget recommendation to leaders with some guidance from manager. Reviews and prepares monthly budget variance explanations.
- Works collaboratively with peers and partner organizations and divisions to develop and implement new or improved processes, controls and procedures to improve program compliance, efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
Headquarters will be in San Francisco, however, this opportunity can also be flexible to locations within the Bay Area. Concord, San Ramon, Oakland, and San Jose would also be considered.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years job-related experience
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of meter utility processes, regulatory requirements, critical success factors, goals and initiatives
- Project management skills
- Good organizational and process management skills
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and influence skills
- Analytical problem solving and ability to summarize findings in large data set.
- Basic financial, accounting, budgeting knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in metering and billing applications (AMPS, MIB, CC&B, etc.)
- May require some travel
- Occasional need for flexible/long hours