Emerson Process Management is actively seeking candidates to fill a Senior MES Integration Engineer position to perform and direct the development, design, implementation, testing and delivery of MES Solutions. Senior Integration Engineers are key members of a diverse team of professionals executing MES projects in life sciences and related industries. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of key manufacturing processes in the life sciences industry in order to develop and execute the MES strategies used on assigned projects. In particular they must be knowledgeable in the integration of MES systems to other level 2, 3 and 4 systems used in such projects.
A successful candidate must be able to quickly develop good working relationships with the Emerson project team members and the client’s technical and management personnel. They will participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a customer facing role. They also must work closely with Project Managers and other technical resources to deliver a successful technical solution that meets the project’s requirements for quality, budget, and schedule.
- Lead the implementation of system integration between Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and other third party systems.
- Define functional requirements for MES solutions and interfaces through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs, implement and test Syncade MES solutions that meet client requirements
- Design, code and test components used within MES, including reports and interfaces between Syncade and various 3rd party systems like SAP or LIMS
- Develop documentation required for validated facilities
- Provide mentoring of fellow project members
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, and customer project teams and management
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful project execution
- Identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management; resolve issues and establish priorities between projects
- Start-up complex systems at customers’ plants
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction
Travel (minimum 25%) to various project sites will be required for requirements gathering, client meetings, engineering support and delivery as required.
The position is located in Royersford, PA or Irvine, CA.
- BS degree with minimum of 6 years overall experience, with minimum of 4 years MES project experience
- Deployment experience with plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell Pharmasuite, Werum PAS-X)
- Experience with the GxP compliance of the systems and batch record and data integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees at different levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to project locations for up to 6 to 8 weeks (sometimes several months) with the ability to return home every two weeks
- Experience in several computer languages (C#, VBScript etc) and related technologies including XML, XSLT, SQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug problems in a systematic way.
- Ability to document and execute software test plans.
- Experience working with customers to create user requirements
- ERP or other 3rd party systems integration a plus.
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements preferred, including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering, V-model.
- Knowledgeable in software lifecycle management, version and release management.
- Experience with regulatory/compliance documentation and procedures is a plus
- Experience with .NET technologies preferred
- Knowledgeable in ISA S95 and S88 standards and terminologies