As a member of the Merchant Partnership's team you will be responsible for identifying revenue generating business opportunities, negotiating and closing partnerships and ensure successful launch and growth of the partnerships.Role and Responsibilities
- Drive revenue through actively identifying prospective merchant partnerships, conducting initial outreach and information gathering, deliver impactful partnerships proposals and negotiate agreement to launch.
- Focus on merchants across everyday spend merchant verticals.
- Actively manage the sales process: from lead generation and pitching new clients, to negotiating and signing deals to implementing and growing the partnership.
- Own the deal. This includes leading negotiations with merchant partners while working closely with product, legal and marketing teams. Responsible for internal deal approvals including deal summaries and deal approval presentations.
- Effectively interact with other departments including, but not limited to; technical integration, product & marketing.
- Stay up to date on latest retail marketing trends and challenges affecting retailers.
- Shown success in relationship building and deal structuring
- Ability to develop written business cases using Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think strategically and develop new ideas for growth
- Existing industry relationships would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Shown ability to engage cross functionally with peers in product management, engineering, marketing, legal, business operations
- A detailed and analytical approach, using data to improve process over time.
- Being passionate about the mobile app industry, or experience working in payments tech is a strong plus.
- Comfort with executive presentations.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of Business Development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in digital advertising and strong familiarity with advertising technology.
- Ability to have detailed conversations around technical subjects.
- Grasp of PowerPoint creation and Excel modeling.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
- Detail oriented, positive attitude and the ability to prioritize tasks to fit deadlines.
- Passion for new technologies and the drive/grit to deliver results.
- Bachelor Degree or above.