Crocs, Inc, a leading manufacturer and seller of casual footwear, is seeking an experienced professional to join the North America eCommerce team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic business environment within a growing, high-profile, multinational company. In recent years the company has experienced a dramatic expansion of activity, and as a result is continually striving to make its processes more efficient and scalable. The corporate culture promotes collaboration across organizations in improving its operations.
As a member of the eCommerce team, you will be a part of a dynamic global team that is responsible for achieving the financial targets globally for eCommerce.
The Sr. Merchandise Manager is responsible for the buying and planning of all product categories as well as managing inventory to a 4.0 turn which will ultimately result in meeting the financial goals for the channel. This person is also a cross-functional collaborator who supports go-to-market product campaigns and the onsite experience by partnering with onsite merchants, UX, and digitalmarketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Define and manage a seasonal sales & buy plan for all product that maximizes revenue, profitability, and brand relevance.
· Create and maintain a monthly/yearly OTB that will result in 4.0 turns yearly.
· Evaluate seasonal business plans at the gender level; project long term product and sales implications and leverage product cycle
· Expert in market landscape and predicts future opportunities while growing revenue in current time period.
· Product SME: understand purpose, consumer, end use, and how to leverage sales.
· Key stakeholder in the seasonal go-to-market process: tie together brand initiatives and selling product while delivering a unique value proposition to the end consumer.
· Work cross-functionally with merchants in Retail & Wholesale to establish a consistent product story across the region.
· Lead a team of merchandise planners.
· Weekly business recaps for upper management
· Planning long term assortments and sales plans for all genders
· Identifies opportunities and creates strategies that will change the shape of the business
· Ad hoc reporting to support the business
· Creates the seasonal merchandising calendar for NA eComm
· Works closely with global merchandising on business opportunities and product line needs
· Work cross functionally with onsite merchants to strategize consumer experience
· OTB Management and reconciliation
· Informs upper management on long term product assortments (sales & buy plans) and how they tie to the financial plan for the channel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The successful candidate will have experience working in a complex corporate structure and an ability to influence across departmental boundaries to effect positive change.
· This individual will have the following knowledge, skills and personal characteristics (required):
o Bachelor's degree in business, merchandising, or related field
o 5+ years in merchandise planning and/or buying (Merchandise planning and product expert for the channel) Ecommerce preferred
o 2+ years in managing direct reports – a bit more flexible (but must have management experience)
o P&L responsibility experience a plus
o Motivated, dedicated, and reliable with commitment to achieving completion of tasks within agreed strict time scales
o Excellent communication skills
o Ability to manage multiple projects at once
o Comfort with ambiguity and frequent change
o Self-starter who works well in a demanding, fast-paced, and high-performance environment
o Willingness to work off-hours during busy season
o Positive and enthusiastic attitude
o High level of comfort with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, Google Docs
o Offline retail or merchandisingexperience helpful
o Applicants should have an interest in e-commerce, merchandising, and brand marketing.