Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NGKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Manage a number of complex tenant improvement and lab type and building infrastructure projects, such as those requiring high-level input on mechanical and electrical systems, or having other specialized requirements. Act as the main coordinator and project liaison to the client, architect, general contractor, engineers, building manager, furniture and move vendors, and security, throughout each project. This person maintains document control, manages databases and coordinates and tracks project activities and communications to ensure project goals are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and budget parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain clear understanding of project scope from client, including high level details, prior to kick-off meeting
- Guide client on realistic timeframe expected for each project
- Build and lead a successful team through all phases of each project
- Manage financials for each project, including obtaining approvals for initial and final budgets, release of purchase orders, tracking of existing and expected commitments, and timely approval of invoices
- Ability to review documents that are highly specialized in the areas of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing and provide industry knowledge about materials, installation methods, and project controls.
- Ability to review field conditions that are highly specialized in the areas of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, providing consultative knowledge based on field conditions.
- Implement and document value engineering, with solutions to reduce spending or improve schedule, process, or final product, without an increase in cost
- Prepare status reports for management, client, project personnel and/or others and modify schedules or plans as required
- Maintain a filing system that documents all project activities
- Control project OAC meetings, site visits, punch-list walkthroughs for construction or furniture, meeting vendors to provide access and oversight
- Upon project construction completion, coordinate project closeout by obtaining O&M Manuals and building as-builts, then issue them to planning / archive teams and to leasing team for landlord acceptance and release of TI allowances
- Document and share lessons learned
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate employees and direct reports, if applicable, to facilitate their professional development
- Obtain and maintain client trust and loyalty
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in the commercial real estate industry
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the technology required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position (Word, Excel, Fasttrack)
- Robust knowledge of the commercial real estate industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing clients, workloads, and general requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 10+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.