Provide and coordinate MEP estimating services on multiple projects in varying market sectors and contract types. A Senior MEP Estimator shall be responsible for directly handling MEP trades on multiple preconstruction projects. A Senior MEP Estimator shall understand the different MEP systems along with the relative costs as it relates to their territory. A Senior MEP Estimator shall have an understanding of system designs so as to challenge and verify actual designs during preconstruction. Senior Estimators shall have a clear understanding of all construction markets and relative costs as it relates to their territory. They shall be responsible for the management and development of assigned estimators and shall lead, coordinate, and run all types of bids (LS, GMP, Design Build, etc.). Senior MEP Estimators shall establish and maintain client and subcontractor relations.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Ensure all project files for assigned projects are named and filed in accordance with the Estimating Department’s electronic project file directory structure. Maintain all working documents and data to back-up estimate figures.
2. Prepare quantity take-off’s with Onscreen according to department’s filing system.
3. Fully level MEP subcontractor proposals using department scope sheet template for assigned trades on Bids and GMP’s.
4. Enter project metrics and financial data for all projects assigned as Lead into historical data sheets. Enter MEP metrics into historical data sheets for all projects.
5. Review and incorporate historical data from subcontracts, purchase orders, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit costs.
6. Review proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid/design meetings, determine scope of work, determine required proposal/bid deliverables, ascertain potential risks, follow-up for in-house operations plans, etc when assigned as Lead on estimates and bids.
7. Prepare fully complete conceptual, schematic, and final MEP estimates as well as estimating tracking reports and variance reports.
8. Direct, oversee, and provide technical support to assigned MEP Estimating personnel.
9. Train and develop the skills of all assigned staff. Provide or contribute to performance reviews for these staff members.
10. Establish and maintain relations with current clients and MEP subcontractors and Vendors.
11. Assess and understand all bid and estimate risk.
12. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience; 5 to 8 years estimating, cost control and engineering experience in similar construction management/general contracting firms; thorough knowledge of construction market and relative costs in the New York and New Jersey area; thorough knowledge of estimating procedures and techniques, all MEP disciplines and cost control systems; ability to estimate all types of project/contracts and ability to coordinate and supervise group work efforts.
Able to manage personal schedule to adapt to dynamic bidding and estimating schedules.
Requisition ID : 1302