Job Description Summary:
Maxim Integrated is looking for an experienced, senior level IC design engineer to support our Automotive business unit at our Chandler, Arizona location.Job Description:
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Research, definition, design, simulation, layout, verification, characterization, and release to production of automotive integrated circuits.
- Develop requirements and specifications for automotive Integrated Circuits.
- Analyzing and developing circuit architectures; transistor-level analog & power circuit designs; system architecture and circuit documentation.
- Verification of circuit (IC) performance using Cadence tools
- Supervise layout engineers to implement ICs using layout techniques such as handling IR drop, RC delay, electromigration, self-heating, and coupling capacitance.
- Characterizing and validating circuit (IC) performance in the lab using lab tools such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters (DMMs), electronic loads and spectrum analyzers.
- Supporting Test development and volume production.
- BSEE with +10 years industry experience with proven track record in the Analog & Power IC Design.
- Transistor level design expertise in high voltage and low voltage BUCKs, BOOST, BUCK-BOOST DC-DC converters
- Design experience of controller architectures for DC/DC converters.
- In Depth knowledge of building blocks: bandgap references, op-amps, OTAs, bias circuits, comparators, oscillators, DACs, level-shifters, switching power stages, LDOs, charge pumps.
- Demonstrated proficiency with tools such as Cadence IC design tools: Virtuoso, Spectre and post-layout extraction simulation techniques.
- Strong device physics knowledge and analytical skills
- Experience with AMS/System-Verilog modeling for mixed-signal verification
- Good documentation and communication skills and the ability to work independently and in team environment.
- MSEE/PhD with +5 years. in Electrical engineering with proven design experience in Analog/ Power Management IC Design.