- Actively learning the product/service space from team members and stakeholders.
- Applying rigorous engineering practices to solving the complex problems presented.
- Understanding athena’s coding conventions and development policies and applying them to their work and in their codechecks of others work.
- Understanding the system and devising solid test plans for code written.
- Teaching others on what they have learned, including writing appropriate technical documentation.
Education,Experience, & SkillsRequired:
- Strong understanding of complex computer science engineering problems
- Substantial expertise in a programming language such as Java or Python
- Preferred skills include leveraging Open Source and Platform as a Service, full stack development, experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with platform development/identity management/access management a plus
- BachelorDegree or equivalent (CS degreepreferred)
- 4-8years of professional experience
- Great teamwork skills
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Technical Skills: Demonstrate solid technical and engineering expertise by developing software to solve complex problems.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrates understanding of how athena’s products and how they fit together.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrates relentless and versatile learning, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Scope: Responsible for the design and delegation on a major project’s worth of work involving multiple releases with multiple people working on it.
- Autonomy / Decision Making: Executes independently of otherdevelopers, understands what and when to escalate, and comprehends balance between perfection and getting things done.