Senior Melting Process Control & Automation Engineer
Location near Girard, OH
Engineering - Industrial / Manufacturing
Relocation Assistance Available – Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed – Yes
Visa Candidate Considered: No
(Titanium and Engineered Products) world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products—and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides.
Titanium is the world’s fastest-growing aerospace metal. The Senior Melting Process Control & Automation Engineer will report to the Group Engineering Manager Titanium Segment and will develop & implement process control & automation (PC&A) applications & strategic framework across all melting platforms based on a process control vision including development of control and automation systems regarding the design, specifications, programming, testing, documentation, and support of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and higher level supervisory control applications.
Emphasis will also be placed on project management & installation of capital equipment used in the melting & manufacture of titanium mill products.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide technical leadership in the development of new PC&A strategies in support of business unit goals.
• Provide direct support to operations & maintenance to diagnose/troubleshoot controls system hardware/software problems and integration issues, and develop resources to address existing needs and ongoing growth requirements.
• Establish & provide technical leadership focused on titanium melting process requirements & specifications.
• Establish and ensure appropriate process control standards and specifications are being met, address and support migration to a reliable, scalable infrastructure relative to Titanium Segment business unit needs.
• Ensure appropriate interface and migration of corporate IT functionality relative to PC&A, as well as network, security, and back up requirements are satisfied.
• Provide technical leadership in the migration of outsourced service activity to internal control of PC&A functions while positioning internal capabilities to support business growth.
• Develop project scope and prepare/manage design reports, specifications, cost estimate, cash flow forecast, budget, and implementation of Capital & Expense Appropriation Projects.
• Provide expertise, guidance, and direction in the functional design and implementation of PC&A applications including process control equipment strategies from Level 1 through Level 4 systems, ie.
• Input/output devices, PLCs, supervisory controls, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), and data base applications, as well as interface to business system functions. Facilitate solution development in support of operational strategies through discussion with key stakeholders and utilize appropriate documentation in order to create and communicate design requirements.
• Manage ongoing vendor activities as well monitor potential vendor development of new automation applications, ensure compliance with technical specifications, and communicate with applicable business unit leaders.
• 5-10 years of engineering leadership experience in design and construction of PC&A, preferably in a heavy manufacturing/metals environment.
• BE/BS in ElectricalEngineering or related engineering/computer control discipline.
• Strong technical knowledge in the fundamentals of controls engineering and controls systems.
• Basic knowledge of various levels and interfaces to information technology.
• Thorough understanding of machine process control and advanced process control techniques and how they can be applied to monitor, control, predict, and improve plant operating performance.
• Integrating DCS/PLC capabilities and output to enterprise manufacturing systems. Project management certification a plus Knowledge of non-ferrous metals melting platforms (vacuum arc remelt, plasma, and electron beam).
• Willingness to Travel – Occasionally.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.