Manages 5-12 programs with between 50-10,000 participants on an annual basis. The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/program.
Manages budgets annually totaling between $400K- $1M gross profit (GP).
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to Director, Operations or Sr. Travel Account Manager.
Manages external relationships with clients, DMCs (Destination Management Companies) and third-party companies/suppliers. Primary team leader for internal team. Regular interaction with internal departments including Sales, Creative, Event Registration Solutions, Supplier Relations, Sourcing, Event Accounting, Event Operations, and Guest Services.
Provides leadership to project team(s) and promotes positive team environment as a role model. Completes Statement of Work (SOW) document to outline deliverables for assigned program. Completes overall project timeline and budget; establishes a work flow schedule with post-sale team to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program/event details. Manages and negotiates hotel, destination management company (DMC), air and all third-party contracts. Monitors attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensures contracted services are executed. Coordinates all details and produces a program/event itinerary that outlines all specifics and requirements. Completes Post Project Implementation Review (PIR) template and conducts PIR meetings. Develops PCA documentation. Maintains thorough project documentation. Develops initial budgets for assigned programs.
Manages overall project financials through preparation of a project pro-forma. Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information on a weekly basis. Responsible for maintaining highest GP and up-selling services. Involved in labor transfers and analysis through life of program. Responsible for negotiating savings, tracking and reporting. Manages positive net funding on assigned programs. Manages PCA process. Works with accounting to complete final bill. Reviews final billing prior to final invoicing to client. Analyzes financial information and helps determine costing strategies. Serves as a mentor to MEMs in the areas of forecasting, costing and budgeting.
Independently interfaces with day to day client contact. Maintains proactive, positive, open line of communication between client and Sales. Oversees project teams during the development, production, and quality assurance of deliverables in event management area. Authors and maintains standard process documentation for the project team and client. Conducts regularly scheduled status meetings from pre-launch through operation, and ongoing programs/events, with client and Maritz Global Event stakeholders. Acts as team leader, communicates requirements to team. Participates in the periodic review of project performance to evaluate progress toward client objectives. Manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics. Acts as representative for Operations on special committees/projects as assigned.
1. Bachelordegree or equivalent experience in related field required. CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) Certification preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience in meeting/event planning (including incentives, association, corporation). Must have prior experience planning large meetings such as sales meetings, product launches and incentives. Pharmaceutical meeting planning experience a plus. International hotel destination knowledge a plus.
3. Experience with project planning/forecastingfinancial implications. Proven ability in developing cost sheets and implementing costing strategies, and to promote change and efficiencies within an organization.
4. Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance.
5. Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and Sales relationships and in effectively handling multiple projects/demands.
6. Professional oral presentation and writing skills required.
7. Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required.
8. Ability to travel 30% of time required.