Senior MEDITECH Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Senior MEDITECH Analyst for our client in Canton, MA
Job Title: Senior MEDITECH Analyst
Job Location: Canton, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Client is looking for a technical analyst with at least two years of experiencesupporting the MEDITECH Health Information System.
- This role will focus on the clinical and lab modules within the application.
- Experiencesupporting back-end systems in a hospital environment and interaction with clinical personnel is very beneficial.
- Regularly interact with clinical personnel and be able to map their needs to specific solutions.
- Defines requirements and plans project lifecycle.
- Provides end-user support through the phone and help desk ticketing software.
- Utilizes deep MEDITECH HIS knowledge to troubleshoot problems crossing individual modules.
- Leads regular MEDITECH upgrades in conjunction with the user community.
- Partners effectively with MEDITECH analysts and end-users.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of HCIS integration outside of a particular specialization.
- 2+ years of experience providing customer support of a Health Information System (HIS) while directly supporting the laboratory modules and any of the following modules: Patient Care Systems (or Nursing), Order Entry, Physician Order Management (or Care Provider Order Entry or Physician Care Manager), Imaging and Therapeutic Services (or Radiology or Departmental), Staffing and Scheduling, and Electronic Medical Records (or Electronic Health Records).
- Knowledge of terminology, codes and standard abbreviations applicable to a healthcare/hospital environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
- Ability to prepare and use flow charts and diagrams.
- Ability to make decisions and exercises sound judgement.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Experience providing end-user customer support for healthcare information systems (HIS) (including implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance).
- Ability to plan and conduct training.
- Experience with hospital JCAHO surveys.
- Knowledge of JCAHO and HIPAA regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of clinical hospital operations.
- Experience in public or private acute/chronic level of care hospital.
- Experience in public or private long term care level of care hospital preferred.
- Knowledge of information technology and system design life cycles as attained through a 4 year college program in information systems, computer science, business, or related field.