The laboratory senior medical technologist performs routine and specialized tests in one or various sections of the clinical laboratory in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine independently or with minimal supervision. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed and reports results within established time frames. Actively supports the department's continuous quality improvement initiatives and customer service goals through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals. Possesses high attention to detail and can be relied upon for dependable and consistent work output, while ensuring the reporting of quality results and completion of projects.
Work Schedule: Full Time/ Day Shift/ 7:00am-3:30pm/ Weekend Work Required
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology with an emphasis in chemical or biological sciences
- Clinical Laboratory Supervisor License in the area(s) of responsibility from the State of Florida or Clinical Laboratory Technologist license to work in the assigned areas
- 10 years of experience as a technician or technologist
- Ability to develop and implement projects
- Ability to understand and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to patients
- Ability to perform and evaluate laboratory procedures in assigned area(s)
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.