SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
SmithGroup’s DC health practice seeks a talented and collaborative individual to join our leadership team. Our healthcare practice is consistently ranked in theTop Ten of healthcare architects and we are proud of our innovative and patient focused work.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide thought leadership to the DC and national SmithGroupJJR practice and to our healthcare clients
- Bring proven client leadership skills on large scale healthcare projects;
- Assist in the expansion of our east coast healthcare practice through acquisition of new clients and continuously building on existing relationships;
- Lead the definition, analysis, programming and planning efforts for healthcare projects and work with the project team in the development of those projects;
- Participate in health care business development efforts through speaking, writing, and contributing to the preparation of proposals and participating in interviews for projects;
- Work with clients in determining system and project goals and objectives, to optimize health care delivery systems through a clear project definition and programming process;
- Lead user and other client meetings in the development of projects;
- Develop room and departmental layouts;
- Contribute to the schematic design of projects and be responsible for planning and functional aspects of the proposed solutions;
- Mentor and coordinate the medical planning work of junior/intermediate medical planners
- Assist in developing the strategic direction of the studio.
An ideal candidate has:
- At least 10 years of experience with strategic, functional and operational planning on large-scale healthcare projects for both private and public clients
- An in-depth knowledge of the trends and challenges facing in the healthcare industry and how those trends will affect hospital operations planning and design.
- The ability to successfully complete work in a team-based environment.
- Exceptional quantitative analytical skills. Proven ability to analyze demographics, hospital operations, and create caseload projections, identify planning and business line opportunities and propose platform wide solutions.
- Ability to develop capital asset- or planning alternatives and to quantify the life cycle costs of different investments.
- Strong organizational written and verbal communication skills.
- Lean / six sigma experience and the ability to improve workflows at enterprise, facility, and departmental levels is preferred
- Ability to conduct evidence based design research, and to apply existing research to practice is preferred
- Advanced degree in Architecture or Public Health preferred.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.