Contribute to achieving national sales goals by effectively implementing marketing strategies and sales plan in assigned region. Provide current, accurate and meaningful product information to physicians, nurses, and all other relevant health professionals in line with the therapeutic specialty assigned, for the primary purpose of selling Shire brands and their benefits to customers.
- Meet all annual sales objectives for Shire products.
- Develop and maintain excellent consultative selling skills.
- Sell the benefits and attributes of Shire’s brands to all key customers.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of Shire’s brands, competitive products, and the therapeutic specialties assigned.
- Establish positive and productive relationships among assigned therapeutic networks within territory
- Prioritize efforts and resources based on an understanding of products, territories, and the marketplace for effective coverage of key customers and networks.
- Analyzes sales performance and adjusts business plan and approach accordingly.
- Implement and provide input to marketing and sales strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date call records for physicians, hospitals, pharmacies and other field contacts, and submit reports and paperwork accurately and on time.
- Develop and maintain a positive business climate for the Company.
- Represent a positive and professional image of Shire externally and internally.
- Consult with management on unusual problems or situations.
- Participate in sales meetings, medical meetings, conventions and training programs as required.
- Appropriately maintain and manage samples, literature, etc.
- Maintain compliance with all company and regulatory policies.
- Resource person for KOL in related therapeutic areas.
- Mentor for colleagues and team members as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Health Sciences or in Business Administration.
- Minimum 2 years of prior medical specialty salesexperience, preferably in related therapeutic fields.
- Experience in the fields of psychiatry and pediatrics is an asset
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and French.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions; experience selling within healthcare institutions required.
- Recognized credibility with KOL in pertinent therapeutic areas
- Recognized track record for holding successful Continued Medical Education programs.
- Proven successful track record with Shire or in previous relevant experiences.
- Experience in market data analysis and in building tactical sales plan at territory level.
- Proficiency with MS Office, and Excel in particular.
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis within the assigned territory and periodically outside of the territory (sales meetings).
Key Skills and Competencies
- Accountability & Ownership: Maintain a focus on results
- Serving Customers: Uncover customer’s underlying issues and unexpressed needs
- Delivering Excellence: Look for efficiencies and continuous improvements
- Energy & Drive: Align action with Shire’s strategy
Other Job Components
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Establishes call plan based on territory and its market data.
- Adjusts sales tactics as appropriate and within guidelines; consults with manager on more complex issues
- Understands and navigates complete customer and industry environments
Internal and External Contacts
Accountable to the Regional Sales Manager.
Advises, consults, and coordinates regularly with external customers as well as with field sales peers and managers.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Req ID: R0013911