The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create, develop and sustain on going professional relationships with national/regional healthcare practitioners and facilitate education regarding current and upcoming therapies developed and commercialized by Travere. Ensures access to current medical and scientific information on Travere products and areas of therapeutic interest to targeted key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals (HCPs), Managed Market and Long-Term Care (LTC) stakeholders and decision makers consistent with company and the Medical Affairs Department.
- Demonstrate deep scientific expertise about assigned molecules/products and overall therapeutic areas to exchange relevant information and insights with top tier thought leaders and healthcare decision makers within specific regions.
- Identify and develop relationships with national and regional medical and scientific thought leaders, patient advocacy groups and centers of excellence consistent with Company strategy and objectives.
- Actively contribute to pre-launch activities for sparsentan in IgA and FSGS.
- Foster mutually productive partnerships with KOLs in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research and the ability to build, cultivate, and leverage relationships with key external scientific and medical customers and organizations in their regions to ensure strong understanding of evolving healthcare trends across the relevant therapeutic area landscape.
- Engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area represented and actively attend and participate in upskilling programs related to assigned molecules, products, disease states and relevant business topics.
- Build and cultivate important working relationships across internal field partners to ensure an enterprise approach when working with internal and external customers.
- Serve as scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, roundtables, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and initiatives.
- Contribute to publication planning, development of medical education materials and internal training.
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams including Clinical Operations, Clinical Development, Medical Information, Medical Communications and Commercial/Field Sales.
- Assist with sponsored research (site identification, recruitment, etc.) and investigator-initiated research (conduit, protocol champion, status updates, etc.).
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences effectively, including physicians, pharmacists and nurses with the ability to summarize and communicate complex information in an effective manner.
- Adhere to corporate compliance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- PharmD, PhD or MD required. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- 5 years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical industry as a Medical Science Liaison; consideration will be made with comparable experience in research and/or pharmaceutical experience.
- Nephrology experience and established KOL contacts in nephrology/renal pathologists and rare disease is a plus, other therapeutic disciplines may be considered.
- New product launch experience a plus.
- Effective communicator with the ability to prepare and give presentations and effectively answer questions about clinical research, compliance, healthcare costs and product value proposition.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with proven abilities to manage multiple, often complex and often competing, objectives, goals and other priorities to effective and efficient conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to address educational and research needs through delivery of cutting edge scientific/evidenced based data.
- Ability to establish strong relationships and discuss complex scientific topics in a peer to peer manner.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, manage various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of FDA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- The position is field based and the candidate must live in their territory or immediate adjacency.
- Ability to travel up to 50+%.
- In the field 3-4 days a week and travel to regional/national meetings as assigned and some weekend work may be required.