Being Here Matters!
At Gilead you are a part of a rapidly growing science- driven organization, working together to revolutionize healthcare. We are energetic leaders and strategic entrepreneurs going above and beyond for patients, making the impossible a reality. We are passionate about improving lives and bringing urgently needed medicines to patients and you have the chance to be a part of this difference.
Gilead Sciences in Mississauga, Ontario is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Senior Medical Manager, Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH), in Gilead’s Medical Affairs department.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills:
- Focus on compliantly enhancing pan-Canadian liver disease care through non-promotional activities such as: education on liver disease awareness, with focus on developing appropriate programs, and data generation, in the area of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
- Contribute to the development, execution and coordination of the Medical Affairs plan of action (POA)
- Develop and implement defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives
- Effectively communicate the clinical data to support Gilead products for the treatment of liver disease
- Provide medical leadership to plan and execute Medical Affairs Advisory Programs and provide support as needed to cross-functional HCP advisory boards.
- Develop effective working relationships as the medical expert with cross functional teams
- Strategic support of local Medical Affairs NASH publication planning
- Provide medical and scientific oversight to NASH publications and scientific presentations
- Establish strong working links with all relevant Gilead departments (e.g. EMEAC/FC HEOR, Market Access, Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Stakeholder Relations, Marketing)
- Generate and disseminate data to support use of Gilead products for the treatment of liver disease (including pipeline, as appropriate)
- Support the development of local Phase 3b and 4 Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR)
- Communicate Gilead’s commitment to scientific excellence in Liver Disease through research and balanced education
- Lead the medical and scientific review of local promotional materials for Liver Disease treatments
- Is responsible for adverse eventreporting and management of drug safety and pharmacovigilance activities in compliance with local and global regulatory requirements and policies
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- M.D., PhD. or Pharm.D preferred
- Strong medical/clinical/scientific background in liver or cardiometabolic diseases is preferred
- 6 years Pharma industry experience in Medical Affairs (including Phase 3b and 4 studies)
- Extensive Project Management and CME experience
- Experience in developing effective abstracts, manuscripts, posters and slides and presenting at scientific meetings
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiating communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Must be able to utilize complex scientific resources for development of educational programs and presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Organized; attention to detail and able to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Must be able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence
- Must be fully cognizant and adhere to all regulatory and legal (Business Conduct) requirements for clinical trials and other Medical Affairs activities
- Bilingual candidates are preferred.
- Position requires approximately 30% travel