This position is responsible for being the face of Caris’ clinical and scientific expertise and building collaborative relationships (internally and externally).
Caris Life Sciences® is an innovative biotechnology company actively working to fulfil the promise of precision medicine through our unique and transformative platforms to help patients with cancer and other complex diseases. Platforms include:
Caris Molecular Intelligence®
Caris Molecular Intelligence, the company’s patented and proprietary offering, provides oncologists with the most clinically actionable treatment options available to personalize cancer care today.
ADAPT Biotargeting System™
The ADAPT Biotargeting System is an unbiased profiling platform that identifies novel molecular targets to inform and enhance drug development and advanced diagnostics. Currently being developed for cancer and other complex diseases, the ADAPT Biotargeting System has potential applications spanning therapeutic development, drug delivery, diagnostics and disease monitoring.
- Function as a leading face of Caris’ clinical and scientific expertise in the marketplace.
- Build high-value relationships with key customers, key opinion leaders, and the scientific and medical communities.
- Work closely with the Company’s Vice President/Research and Development, the Vice President/Medical Affairs, the Chief Medical Officer, Business Development and others in collaboration on important work to advance the Company’s growth, products, reputation and more.
- Work collaboratively with field sales (Key Account Directors and Executive Sales Management) and Business Development team to increase Caris’ clinical and scientific profile and enhance relationship with key customers, opinion leaders, and potential business partners.
- Serve as a medical/scientific brand expert for the CMI platform.
- Drive support for scientific/educational strategies and tactics such as clinical and disease area publications, advisory boards, slide libraries, advocacy development, review of product advertising and promotional materials, and professional/continuing education programs.
- Provide support and training to field-based personnel such as Medical Science Liaisons and any other field personnel.
- Represent Medical Affairs on Caris Evidence Team to guide product drug association rules and related medical/scientific decisions.
- Review of Marketing/Sales materials to ensure a high value clinical message.
- Serve as key communication channel between market and R&D/Product Development to ensure product evolution meets evolving market needs (voice to R&D).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Proven attention to detail with effective organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Consistently exhibits a professional demeanor in the workplace and works to maintain positive relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet for business use.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Must hold a doctorate-level degree in medicine or the life sciences.
- 5 + years of experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, NYS, ISO, CAP, FDA, etc.).
- Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.