- The Senior Design Transfer Engineer at Canon USA Healthcare Optics Research Lab will be responsible for transferring product designs (Medical Device) to manufacturing.
- The engineer will be involved in a finalizing a breadth of electrical, software and mechanical designs specifications.
- The person will be part of the product development team (system engineering) and support building, tuning, testing, and documentation of prototypes and production equivalent product.
- We are seeking a highly motivated, execution-focused leader with the ability to define tasks necessary for a successful product commercialization.
Key Responsibilities ("Do"):
- Collaborate with Manufacturing in the early stages of the project to build prototypes and become familiar with the product design and assembly of the products
- Assess and contribute to the product's design documentation for selection of components, process specifications, definition of production methods and procedures
- Define Manufacturing in-line process and final acceptance test protocols
- Define Manufacturing test fixtures and software needed for assembly and testing.
- Support the Build and Assembly Testing of Verification & Validation units
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Purchasing to establish the appropriate make-buy strategy for the product Validation of Manufacturing test fixtures.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to establish the appropriate incoming inspection of parts and outgoing product final test and inspection
- Ensure the appropriate product specifications are implemented to ensure excellent Product Quality.
Results Expected ("Deliver"):
- Updated design specifications for manufacturability and quality
- Test protocols for in-line manufacturing.
- Final manufacturing acceptance test protocols.
- Validated test fixtures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent, with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Regulated Industry (Medical Device Manufacturing) Experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong prototyping and assembly skills
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings or designs
- Ability to read and interpret circuit schematics, PCB layouts, assembly drawings, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of technical and organizational competence
- Skilled in using Word and Excel
"Nice to Haves"
- 5 to 8 years of hands-on design transfer experience
- Programming skills
- ECAD experience
- MCAD experience