Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 101 days ago
Designs and implements comprehensive communications strategies and campaigns that advance the FRBC`s research and programs through earned, owned and paid media. Works across media channels to enhance public understanding of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the Federal Reserve System. Collaborates on programs to enhance the media presence for FRBC thought-leaders. Supports a strategic media relations program encompassing traditional, online and social media. Works with management and staff to ensure that the FRBC`s public outreach is proactive, appropriate and effective. Develops statements and other communications for release to the media. May serve as spokesperson for the FRBC. May coordinate work of others for select projects. The level of work is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work with minimal supervision. This position has no direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans, writes, and develops communications plans and materials such as pitch memos, news releases, media alerts, blogs, op-eds, etc., including the development of complex, high-level communication projects
• Works with team members to develop strategies that optimize usage of online tools
• Cultivates relationships with news media; responds to requests for interviews
• Prepares staff members for meetings with media
• Monitors, compiles and analyzes media activities; evaluates and determines target audiences; identifies issues/risks and escalates to management
• Contributes to the editorial calendar and other planning processes
• Maintains knowledge of emerging media trends and nontraditional media strategies and tactics, updating FRBC strategy accordingly
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or work equivalent in journalism, communications, public relations, digital marketing or related communications field
• 5 to 7 years of related experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to design as well as execute communications plans
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communications skills; ability to convey complex subject matter in understandable and interesting style
• Metrics compilation and analysis. Experienced with collecting, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
• Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and customers to meet business needs
• Resourceful and persistent with the ability to prioritize and maintain a sense of urgency and timeliness on projects and deadlines.
• Strong skills in project management, including ability to plan and organize events