$100K — $150K *
Job Overview: Bear Robotics is one of the leading companies in our field while carrying out our mission to transform the future of work in the hospitality industry by automating repetitive tasks and helping people provide outstanding service. We are hiring a talented Senior Mechatronics Engineer to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Bear Robotics is a great place to grow your career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Design and development of early-stage custom mechatronic system prototypes for autonomously driving robots
● Hands-on construction of product concepts. Occasional presence in our Redwood City office while strictly following social distancing protocols will be required for this position.
● Brainstorm and shepherd product ideas through early proof of concept stage of development
● Design and build demos and UX experiments to prove design efficacy, including basic mechanical structures, simple circuits and cable harnesses
● Use microcontrollers like Arduino to demonstrate your creations
● Occasionally assist the hardware team in designing and bringing up complex test fixtures
● Work with the internal product team to define product features and requirements, while collaborating with internal cross-functional teams.
● BS or MS Engineering Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or similar.
● Minimum 7+ years of experience with demonstrated product design experience in automation, robotics or closely related fields (providing a product portfolio is required for this position), preferably in a start-up environment
● Deep understanding of mechatronics, control theory systems and motor tuning to be incorporated into the end product.
● Experience with mechatronics behavior modeling and methods, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques● Strong hands-on, rapid-prototyping skills, including 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC machining, sheet metal and extrusion design
● Experience with CAD (Solidworks) and basic PCB design (Altium); Experience with Solidworks Motion a major plus
● Some basic coding ability is required, particularly with respect to microcontrollers. Familiarity with Python is a major plus
● Basic understanding of high volume manufacturing processes and DFM/DFA principles
● Customer-oriented team player willing to work collaboratively with others
● High energy, self-motivated, quick study, and independent with flexible nature.
● High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
● A good sense of humor is mandatory
Valid through: 12/4/2020