When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
A Sr. Mechanical Project Engineer is needed to lead all aspects of the development, design, testing, and field deployment of pneumatic ice protection systems at the UTC Aerospace Systems Uniontown, OH, facility.
- Leading/directing the efforts of a multi-disciplinary engineering team for all engineering development and test activities.
- Team includes mechanical, materials, electrical and manufacturing engineering disciplines.
- Maintain key interfaces between customers, Program Management and Functional Management by reporting program status to the customer and UTAS management; satisfying contract requirements and deliverables and providing EVMS status and variance report.
- Develop and track non-recurring engineering plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage the engineering product development process including coordinating internal and external technical reviews and/or program milestone reviews such as PDR, CDR, and PRR (Production Readiness Review).
- Responsible for identification of technical and project related risks; development and execution of risk mitigation strategies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute plans necessary to meet key programmatic milestones such as design reviews, qualification, hardware deliveries, and customer installation/flight test support activities.
- Efforts will include work scope management, addressing RFQs, customer interface and action item closure, schedule, EVMS, Risk, and Standard Work management.
- Familiarity with FAA conformity rules and management is a plus. Maintain a high level of customer and quality focus.
- Identify risks and implement appropriate mitigation plans.
- Effectively communicate written and oral status reports to program management and customer.
- Solid track record for delivering results and excellent communication skills.
- PMI training or certification desirable.
- Experience with new product development from the request for proposal through analysis, design, validation, qualification, production, kickoff and entry into service.
- Solid experience in design reviews, qualifications, hardware deliveries and flight test support.
- Experience in project management including customer interface and project tracking through Microsoft Project required. Experience with Microsoft Project Server desirable.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong technical leadership is required.
- Experience dealing with internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and communication skills are required.
- Experience in EVMS is highly desired.
- Familiarity with FAA conformity rules and management is highly desired.
- Proven track record of leading projects from development to manufacturing on time and within budget.
- Team oriented, able to align personnel and department activities to support the objectives of the business.
- Solid track record for delivering results.
- This position may require some travel (10-20 percent), including international.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 5 years of experiencerequired.
- MA/MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 3 years of experience desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67523BR