Odyssey Systems needs a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to support one of their clients in Los Alamos NM. This client is one of the best research facilities in the world.Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
Contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world. Our client is looking for enthusiastic senior-level engineers with an interest in building systems and infrastructure to work in the Engineering Services department
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 10-15 years of experience implementing the requirements described below.
- Support Project Manager in the oversight of engineering activity (all disciplines) on a project, or designated portions of a project.
- Plan and direct engineering assignments on the project. Has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments.
- Understand standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
- Establish the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule.
- Perform, manage, and has accountability for the work in accordance with relevant client standards (Conduct of Engineering).
- Direct engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, schedules and other functionalgroups.
- Originate, review, and/or approve design documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
- Supervise the preparation, reviews, and endorses bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services withinEngineering's scope of responsibility.
- Coordinate activities among the design groups on the project.
- Review project engineering progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.
- Make recommendations to Engineering Management of key personnel for project assignments.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of project studies, reports, forecasts, special engineering reports and plant data book.
- Ensure that Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented, and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality Assurance plan and procedures.
- Communicate complex technical issues and recommends solutions to client, project and functional management as directed and as appropriate. Champion the creation of a project work environment, supported by leadership on the project/program, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Track and issue reports on project performance using standard Earned Value Management tools (Control Account Manager).
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
- Active DOE Q clearance.
- Professional Engineering License
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of DOE and client Engineering Standards and Conduct of Engineering principals and procedures.
- Location: Los Alamos, NM, 87544
- Travel: Non-Anticipated
- Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
- Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may bechanged from time to time as shall be determined.Company OverviewOdyssey Systems Consulting Group,
is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities