This dynamic role calls for an energetic and highly motivated Mechanical Engineer to provide mechanical engineering expertise on both single and multi-disciplinary design projects within one or more of our core market sectors. The Mechanical Engineer will report directly to the mechanical team supervisor and will be responsible for selecting and designing HVAC systems for complex building projects. This role will expand as he or she will take on broader responsibilities, as well as development and oversight of project activities, financial performance, and issues pertaining to the client and project.
- Design overall HVAC systems, assuring project compliance with codes and standards
- Develop design concepts given the client’s goals and budget expectations
- Perform HVAC design calculations, equipment selections, or review calculations and equipment selections performed by project designer
- Evaluate and assess existing HVAC systems
- Write project specifications
- Perform energy modeling and payback analysis for building systems
- Maintain project quality assurance, coordination with other trades
- Perform field reviews, investigations, and process submittals during construction phase
- Work with, supervise and mentor other staff members to perform various tasks as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology.
- Registered Professional Engineer in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states.
- 8+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experienced with Engineering calculation software and equipment selection programs.
- Experienced with AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Microsoft Office.