Design and development of Mobile products using 3D CAD, FEA and other tools . Take projects from concept through production. Be a project lead or sub-system owner working with a team of engineers sharing a common layout on a highly integrated product.
- Establishes requirements for highly complex mechanical design projects and may lead a team responsible for establishing requirements. Insure correct features are incorporated first in the projects. Insures correct features are incorporated first in the projects.
- Architects and designs highly complex mechanical projects. Completes all phases of the projects. Follows through on all in-process and final inspection activities.
- Develops and applies technical and quality improvements.
- Creates new programs, technologies and solutions based on novel or unique ideas. Insures new ideas and methodologies are documented for use by software teams.
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in mechanical design and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide technical leadership to a given program.
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines.
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- May coordinate the activities of other personnel.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership
- U.S. Only:
- BSME or MSME with 5+ years’ experience in designing mid to high volume products
- Ability and wiliness to work on a team and lead development
- Experience designing injection molded parts that are modeled in 3D with all drafts and part lines
- Experience in engineering mechanisms and plastic gear trains. Plastic gear train design a big plus
- Spring Design
- 3D surface Modeling
- Creo experience a plus but not required
- Statistical tolerance analysis
- Design of die cast and stamped parts
- FEA knowledge
- Occasional Far East and/or domestic travel (5%)
- Design for Drop and impact
- Material knowledge in plastics and platting’s, die cast a plus
- Build prototypes
- Design of experiments
- ASME 14.5M drafting standards
- Mobile product experience a plus
Job ID 45831