STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV's professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
The Construction Management Division is staffed by more than 400 professionals who provide program management, construction management, design-build, construction supervision and inspection services. We consistently rank in the top 20 CM firms nation-wide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Estimator as a member of our Project Controls Group, located in our Irvine, CA office.
- Develops a full range of construction cost estimates from Conceptual Design through Final Design bid documents in support of our wide range of project types and divisions inclusive of Transportation & Infrastructure, Buildings & Facilities, Energy and Construction Management.
- Reviews construction design drawings & specifications, gathers all material and data necessary to organize a construction cost estimate in CSI, UNIFORMAT and other appropriate Work Breakdown Structures.
- Prepares a Basis of Estimate that outlines the scope, exceptions, allowance, format, etc. in accordance with client requirements.
- Prepares physical take-offs and documents unit line item quantities manually or using appropriate software.
- Researches unit price requirements and prepares estimates using appropriate unit price, labor productivity and equipment rates.
- Analyzes bids prepared by contractors and prepares post-award change order estimates as required for construction phase change order negotiations.
- Prepares and delivers cost reporting to clients, performs value engineering and administers constructability as part of the estimating process.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of all scope of work within Mechanical systems inclusive of Heavy Civil/Civil utilities, Plumbing, Fire Protection and HVAC.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with 4 year Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related fields
- Must be able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time
- Ability to meet critical project deadlines and willingness to coordinate and work as a team member
- Strong analytical skills and local knowledge of the construction industry
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply information from MCA Manual of Labor Units