Our global manufacturing client has an exciting opportunity to join their team as the Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager. In this role you will manage a large team of engineers, both domestic and abroad, and will be responsible for the strategy, planning, and execution of new product development initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position will have progressive technical and business experience, with several years serving in a management capacity.
This role is located in a smaller town in Upstate, NY. Relocation assistance is available.
· Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required
· 10 years of progressive experience delivering system solutions from conception to validated delivery
· Experience in a capital equipment / automation hardware development environment is required.
Technical Skill Set:
· Precision/ high-speed mechanism/robotic systems design, vibrations and modal analysis, or static and dynamic simulation. Skilled in interpreting simulation and other performance analyses.
· Knowledge of sand casting, investment casting, plastic injection molding preferred.
· Translating machine process and throughput requirements into subsystem design requirements.
· Knowledge of sensor selection, gage R&R, GD&T, calibration, instrumentation, data storage, signal processing, and correlative analysis.
· Demonstrated knowledge of factors affecting component selection and part design. Skilled in design for cost and assembly best practices
· Ownership of daily business processes for Mechanical Engineering initiatives, with a strong focus on continuous improvement and new product development.
· Responsible for supporting annual budgeting process
· Drive the development and maintenance of mechanical engineering department’s design, simulation, fabrication, analysis and M&V toolsets
· Responsible for resource allocation and assurance of timely completion of high priority programs
· Conduct regular performance reviews while providing guidance and mentorship to engineers within the department
· Identify areas for elimination of wasteful practices, economical utilization of materials and cost reduction opportunities
Valid through: 11/18/2020