WSP’s mechanical engineering team in BC engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, residential, recreational and light industrial facilities, with specialization in large and complex projects, sustainable developments, and projects utilizing Alternate Delivery methods including Public Private Partnerships (P3).
WSP has an exciting career opportunity for the right individual with the skills, determination and drive to assume a senior technical role in the mechanical engineering group in the Vancouver office.
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, works independently, and with minimal supervision
- Provides senior technical leadership, mentoring and supervision to the Mechanical Team members
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish and applying a high level of technical, professional engineering and consulting expertise
- Complete familiarization with National, Provincial and Municipal Codes and Standards. Ensures the design documents meet established project criteria and applicable standards. Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantities and opinions of probable cost
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as required to meet client's objectives.
- Utilizes industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Participates in business development and proposal preparation activities
- Responsible for financial management of projects
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Membership or eligibility for membership, in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (APEGBC)
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are highly desirable qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical consulting engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required
- Recent experience on major healthcare and institutional complex projects is desired
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonablea limits).