WSP is currently seeking a forward-thinking, Senior Mechanical Engineer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team, located in our Downtown Ottawa office. This person will be a team player and a key member of an evolving team responsible for developing mechanical building systems from schematic design stage through to completion of the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project.
- Provide leadership in the pursuit of leading-edge engineering solutions for the various mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation and control systems.
- Work in conjunction with different stakeholder groups to identify, develop and articulate the merits of different options for the various mechanical systems, and to make recommendations for stakeholder acceptance.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and positive direction to less experienced team members in order for them to feel comfortable to take on more complex technical challenges.
- Conducting quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure best practice design principles are being followed, and that the design meets the requirements of all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum 12 years mechanical engineering and design experience on major complex building projects – experience with large-scale, heritage designated projects a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in different delivery models – i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 - is required.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Must possess detailed working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Detailed understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- Must possess detailed working knowledge of NFPA and CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- Must have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- A working level understanding of REVIT is considered a definite advantage.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).