WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings Division, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the department manager, the Senior Engineer will provide technical expertise and leadership in the design and planning of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection designs for residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings. The incumbent will be involved in construction phase review, progress draw reviews, prepare change notice and quotation reviews, as well as attending design coordination meetings.
- Establish business relationships with suppliers and clients;
- Attend design and coordination meetings;
- Complete mechanical designs for various building types;
- Prepare contract specifications and documents;
- Provide design and project oversight during construction, to resolve issues and provisions of as-built drawings when work is completed;
- Responsible for project management of specific projects, including financial review and maintaining budget;
- Develop and mentor a high performing team of staff.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution or proof of equivalency;
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in a consulting engineering environment;
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng);
- Ability to complete the majority of a project independently;
- Superior communication, organization, leadership and presentation skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of Ontario Building Codes;
- Possess a team player attitude;
- Previous project management experience an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).