At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP, an award-winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm has an opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer
for our Boston, MA
office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability, healthcare, lab and energy performance of the built environment.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities:Responsibilities include:
- Design of air distribution systems
- Design of hydronic systems
- Scheduling and selecting major equipment
- Automatic temperature controls system design and specification
- Cooling/heating load calculations
- Construction administration
- Project Management
- Attend client meetings
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Job Requirements Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with focus in HVAC.
- 10 years' experience designing mechanical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Experience of the design of HVAC systems and automatic temperature controls for a broad range of commercial systems, specifically Healthcare design experience. Experience in Science and Technology (S&T) projects are a plus.
- Working knowledge of building and energy codes, including OSPHD requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Valid Driver's License
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
About WSP USA
- LEED AP preferred
- PE License
- Working knowledge of Revit software.
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.