The essential functions and responsibilities of the position are:
- Demonstrates creativity, strategic thinking and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs/projects and developing standards and guides for engineering activities.
- Leads and manages team performance in providing & implementing designs and technological solutions on assigned projects.
- Design mechanical systems, structures and components.
- Assist with modifications to existing equipment, systems, structures and components.
- Provide technical support to the Civil, Mining and FKC – Lake Shore Divisions.
- Assist with mechanical plans and technical quotes for systems, structures and components.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards related to mechanical systems, structures and components.
- Assist in responding to site-based requests for information, including analysis and recommendations.
- Prepare and present project documents including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports.
- Responsible for engineering design reviews, ensuring fit, function and accuracy of engineering
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an ABET-accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience, preferably in a field related to machine design, manufacturing or maintenance.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) or able to register as a licensed P.E. within two (2) years