On behalf of our World Class Information Technology Aerospace / Aviation / Defense client in Palm Bay, FL, we are currently recruiting for an experienced SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER SPECIALIST.
Seeking a Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 6 years of experience to work with a cross-functional team to develop ground-based electro-mechanical systems. The position will follow the product from conceptualization through hardware integration and testing, and will interface with Designers, Thermal/Structural Analysts, Systems Engineers, as well as other engineering disciplines, Program Managers, and customer counterparts. The position will require performing the mechanical engineering activities related to the design, analysis, documentation, processing, fabrication, assembly and qualification of product to the specification requirements typically with stringent technical, schedule, and process requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in the development of new solutions.
- Strong engineering fundamentals and analytical background with the ability to understand and guide analyses and offer solutions related to mechanical, electro-mechanical, and opto-mechanical systems. Types of analysis include thermal, fluid, structural, and power.
- Create complex mechanical designs and execute layouts for multiple products
- Demonstrated ability in packaging electrical components such as Circuit Cards, Connectors, and cables, including design, integration and validation in rugged environments including ground, avionics and/or space
- Demonstrated ability in developing, integrating, and validating mechanical, electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical designs
- Lead the mechanical design, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of designs
- Lead the development of relevant design control documentation
- Lead the development and implementation of test protocols for both informal and formal design testing
- Lead the development of written assembly and test procedures for new designs
- Lead in the generation of technical content for bids: scope capture, requirements development, materials pricing, and labor estimates as required
- Aptitude and willingness to lead, train, and mentor junior engineers
- Interact with outside vendors to source parts
- Experience in the design of additive manufactured parts, machined parts, weldments, sheet metal parts, and cable assemblies
- Demonstrated CAD experience, PTC CREO/Windchill
- Demonstrated understanding of standard ASME Y14.5M-1994 and GD&T
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, including the ability to multi-task in an environment with changing priorities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy, and reliability of project data
- Provide leadership/mentorship to Junior Engineers and others within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the design and development of mechanical, electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical systems