Senior Mechanical Engineer - Simulation & Training Solutions
This position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability. The Mechanical Engineer position is to fill a need within the Display Engineering group, supporting the development and sustainment of STS display systems, including display products, domes, projectors, optical designs, and integration with high end image generator computers.The candidate must be willing to perform a wide variety of functions from start to finish withmechanical design and layout, finite element analysis, optical design, generation of drawing packages within the Rockwell Collins standards, and working withother engineers within the group. The candidatewill utilize several different types of COTS and in-house tools sets to execute the tasks.
- Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements.
- System level design considerations including structural, thermal, weight/load, and manufacturability.
- Development of design requirements derived from customer specifications.
- Generate presentations and documents to include design reviews, requirements reviews, test procedures, etc…
- Create/modify engineering design documentation.
- Support transition of design into manufacturing/production.
- Collaborate with software engineers, test engineers, hardware engineers, and project management
- Support installations as needed.
Come be part of a team building a multi-million dollar flight simulator. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to help us create advanced aircraft simulation and training devices and products for both military and commercial customers.This position requires good oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and the desire to participate on a results-oriented team of Systems, Hardware and Software Engineers.If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical/Optical designs, including:
- Use of COTS software packages (Solid Works, ANSYS, etc…) to generate and modify drawings
- Structural analysis/FEA
- Ability to multitask and work well in an interdisciplinary environment
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to Travel to Customer Site for debugging of issues (10-15% of the total project effort)
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Good written and oral communication skills
- DOORS or Jama for requirements management
Requisition ID: 7083