We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for our Aerospace and Defense Practice in Merritt Island, Florida.
As aSenior Engineer associate in RS&H’s Aerospace and Defense Practice, the qualified candidate will lead specialized design teams, working with otherEngineers, Architects and System Design Specialists for design of critical ground systems, mechanisms, infrastructure, and support equipment, supporting vertical and horizontal launch vehicle related projects.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will have earned their Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university and must have at least seven years of design engineering experience. Engineering experience should include, but not be limited to design of ground support equipment, critical lift rigging and tooling, and precision machined components. The ideal candidate must have an interest in pursuing a career involving design of specialized facilities and systems in support of rocket assembly and launch infrastructure as well as other missile/defense related facilities. The successful candidate will have the skills to organize the engineering staff assigned, enjoy communicating design concepts and options with staff and clients, and will understand how to create complete design drawings and specifications from a blank sheet, suitable for third party construction/fabrication contractor bidding purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university;
- 7+ years’ experience with mechanical design and analysis of mechanisms, actuation systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Working knowledge and ability to use 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis software
- Possesses a current Florida Professional Engineer’s License, or the ability to obtain the Florida license through comity
- Ability to produce designs based on client specifications and requirement documents
- Ability to work as a multi-discipline engineering team to produce constructible drawing packages
- Due to the nature of client projects, US citizenship or permanent legal residency is required
- Must be able to obtain federal government clearance
- Creo (Pro-E) and Windchill experience and/or SolidWorks experience
- NX NASTRAN experience
- Understanding of welding, machining, and fabrication techniques and processes
- AutoCad experience
- Interest and understanding of rocket launcher structures/launch pads, fueling and other support systems, handling systems, and other ground support systems