WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer - Quality Control to join our Quality Management Team, located in our Downtown Ottawa office. Reporting to the Lead Quality Manager, this person will be a team player and a key member of an evolving quality management team responsible for ensuring total quality of mechanical building systems from schematic design stage through to completion on the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project.
- Liaising with the Lead Quality Manager to develop, implement and audit the quality control process.
- Promote and harvest a culture of total quality through best practice processes.
- Conduct mechanical quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure best practice design principles are being followed, and that the design meets the requirements of all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Ensure “lessons learned” are captured and communicated to the team.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum 12 years mechanical engineering and design experience on major complex building projects – experience with large scale, heritage designated projects a distinct advantage.
- Experience in design of complex mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation and control systems.
- Experience working in different delivery models – i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 - is required.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Must possess detailed working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Detailed understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- Must possess detailed working knowledge of NFPA and CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- Must have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- ISO Internal/Lead Auditor training and certification from, a recognized service provider is an asset.
- A working level understanding of REVIT is considered a definite advantage.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Bluebeam Applications.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).