about the position…
Our Engineering team is proof that the Power Design “work hard, play hard” motto works! With continuous design-build projects in progress all over the country, this team is leading the industry in innovative techniques with a focus on coordinated, value-conscious design that has led to more than 95% of our clients becoming repeat customers. As a senior member of the mechanical design team, you will work at our corporate headquarters in St. Petersburg, Florida, communicating directly with clients and leading and mentoring engineering team members to ensure quality mechanical documentation.
- Oversee operations of design process for multiple mechanical and plumbing projects, managing production budgets, schedule and personnel.
- Manage client expectations while leading projects through all phases (including bidding, design, permitting and construction).
- Coordinate the best design solutions by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and budgeting requirements.
- Provide design direction, support and guidance to all team members, including working directly with Revit CADD technicians to ensure quality and review constructability.
- Communicate effectively with customers and project team members, providing quality control and value engineering options throughout the design process.
- Coordinate mechanical and plumbing systems with electrical as well as other disciplines.
here’s what we’re looking for…
- A team player who thrives in a constantly changing and evolving environment with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience and excellent communication skills.
- A detail-oriented, quality-driven designer with strong knowledge of constructability and installation methods of mechanical and plumbing systems and a professional engineer (P.E.) license.
- Proven leader with experience managing and mentoring an engineering team.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical and plumbing codes (IPC, IMC, IBC, ASHRAE) required; experience with VRV, WSHP and DX Split systems, packaged equipment and/or CADD/Revit experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values which include, integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation, and growth.