Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, interface with both internal and external project team members, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Have thorough knowledge of HVAC building systems. Experience with plumbing, fire protection, and electrical building systems a plus.
- Calculate heating and cooling loads using energy modeling.
- Survey the existing mechanical systems of buildings
- Design duct distribution and mechanical systems
- Energy Consumption and LEED experience.
- Manage engineering role of projects from design development through construction.
- Coordinate with other disciplines in the building design field and work in a team environment.
- Military and civilian fuel system experience desirable.
- Medical HVAC and plumbing desirable
- Manufacturing process and plant design desirable.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration
- Experience: 7+ years’ experience in performing construction designs for mechanical systems.
- Expertise through past experience in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- LEED AP a plus but not required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, experience with Revit MEP
- Must be a US citizen
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
- Registration in multiple states and/or NCEES registration
- LEED certification
- Experience leading multi-discipline design teams
- Experience in conducting design reviews
- Experience in design/build
- Work is typically performed in an office setting
- While performing site visits or inspections, may require bending, stooping, climbing, and carrying