We challenge you to support the Philips’ Medical Consumables and Sensors Business Innovation Unit (MCS BIU) as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. Someone who can provide mechanical leadership across all aspects of products from advanced development to troubleshooting of issues in the field. This person must have experience with worldwide medical device regulations and standards. This person will perform detailed design of mechatronic assemblies, as well as generating and managing component level requirements. The MR Patient Care Business identifies and meets customer and market needs by designing, developing, and distributing specialized MRI compatible solutions, consumables and sensors.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a member of the Product Development staff and be involved in the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing MRI compatible products. Responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the Mechanical design of existing and future generations of MR Patient Care products.
· Act as mechanical lead to review and provide oversight of R&D activities (i.e. internal and external support) developing products for the MRI.
· Oversee compliance and V&V activities, including offsite test management.
· Lead design reviews, FMEA analyses, and other DfX related activities.
· Review and ensure adequacy of supplier qualification activities.
· Analyze field issues using methodical problem solving techniques and provide solutions where required.
· Actively participate on cross?functional/cross?business project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best?in?class designs.
· Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering.
· 8 + years of engineering design experience.
· Experienced in designing mobile and portable electronic enclosures.
· Familiarity with Current ISO standards family that apply to medical devices.
· Ability to interface with internal stakeholders and be effective at managing suppliers.
· Experienced in design of die castings, injection moldings, machining’s and sheet metal.
· Experience in using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs to analyze designs for dynamic stress analysis.
· Experience in using 3D Parametric tools (Creo, Solidworks, etc.).
· Knowledgeable of ASME Y14.100 Design Guidelines.
· Proficient in Geometric, Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles.
· Experience with design reviews based on failure modes (DFMEA).
· Experienced in FEA Analysis (Structural, Thermal, Fluid)
· Experience with requirements deconstruction from subassemblies to components.
· Experienced in rapid prototyping techniques
· Class 2 or Class 3 medical device development experience.
· Understanding of global regulatory requirements for medical devices.
· LEAN/Six Sigma certification or experience.
· Familiarity with risk management through a full product development cycle from requirements to validation.
· Experience with DOORS requirement management tool and Creo 3.0.