Are you a degreed Mechanical Engineer that likes project diversity and stability? Do you like client interface and travel? We are looking for a strong Sr. or Principal level Mechanical Engineer to support a major client with facilities across the US and internationally. Our Mechanical Engineers don’t just sit in a cubicle. They interact with other disciplines and clients, perform facilities and building assessments and provide consultation back to the client on needed improvements. Facility/Buildings may include general office buildings, large data centers, employee support buildings, labs or research facilities, guard shacks, for example.
Parsons is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to perform Facility Condition Assessments (FCI) throughout the US and Internationally. The selected candidate will assure conformance to the intent of the FCI program, industry design standards, and applicable mechanical codes.
In this capacity, you will perform FCI inspections; gather data on building systems and equipment enter data into clients management systems and research data for equipment or systems. You may interface with technical peers, clients, third-party design professionals, construction contractors, and other stakeholders.
Keys to your success will be your expertise in HVAC and/or building automation systems; background in testing, data center or facility modernization experiences; and engineering energy efficiency, security and sustainability to the mechanical systems.
Travel is typically scheduled in advance and travel can be two days to a few weeks, depending on the size of the campus or if there are multiple buildings within the campus. Must be comfortable performing client presentations and electrical walk-downs on site, and working within classified databases.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline
- PE Preferred
- 8+ years of mechanical engineering experience with broad based mechanical knowledge and experience. Prefer experience with building assessments on mechanical systems and experience in design and construction of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of design components, cost efficient mechanical systems and equipment for secure facilities
- Must be able to plan and execute multiple technical tasks concurrently
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and prior experience in a consultative role like this with a government client, preferred.
- Proven track record of supervising deliverables on mechanical scopes of work throughout all stages of the commissioning process
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.