As a member of Mechanical Engineering team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing highly desirable consumer products from initial concept all the way to production with specific focus on overlays and screen protection. This position is responsible for engineering Belkin products with great sensitivity to design, while working closely with Industrial Designers, Product Managers, Program managers, and vendors to ensure product development objectives and schedules are met.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Industrial Designers on initial concept development which includes brainstorming, sketching, and complex 3D surface CAD modeling.
- Design metallic and glass parts using ProEngineer Wildfire 5.0/Creo or higher.
- Design products applying principles of DFM and DFA
- Develop detailed Manufacturing packages (including BOM, 3D CAD database, detailed part drawings, and detail assembly drawings) for effective design transfer to manufacturing with specific focus on glass and metallic production.
- Manage Mechanical BOM and ECO through the use of Agile (PLM).
- Responsible for coordinating quotation, fabrication of prototype parts, tooling, testing and verification of product requirements.
- Assist with generation of product specifications.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years (8 years preferred) related work experience in new product development including extensive interaction with Industrial Designers and manufacturing vendors.
- Experience developing glass and metallic products
- Experience with glass screens and screen protection products is preferred
- At least 4 years of ProEngineer/ProSurfaceexperience a must. ISDX experiencepreferred.
- A passion for designing beautiful and functional products.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, designing waterproof and impact-resistant products a plus.
- Strong materials knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with tolerance stack up and structural analysis.
- Multi-country joint development experience is desired. Working with China-based manufacturing and onsite experience a plus.
- Must be able to obtain a Chinese Visa.
- There is potential for approximately 15%-20% travel.