Senior Mechanical Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Automotive
Location: Novi, MI
Requirement: Senior Mechanical Engineer
No of Positions: 2
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Develop advanced product designs in cooperation with the appropriate engineering disciplines and technicians according to customer and federal regulations and specifications.
- Use CATIA Version 5 (Revision 20 or higher) CAD software at a highly skilled level to develop product concepts and designs of Client’s International amplifier assemblies and components.
- Create 3D models, assembly drawings and component drawings of product designs
- Create tolerance stack-up analysis on a speaker assembly’s components and its vehicle mounting interface.
- Analyze speaker assemblies and their subcomponents with consideration to:
- Customer requirements and supplier capabilities.
- Cost and timing to ensure manufacturability, efficiency and quality.
- Utilize software tools such as FEA and mold flow analysis to confirm design integrity
- Uses analysis techniques such as the DFMEA and/or DRBRM to identify and assess design and manufacturing risks. Develops plans to validate the robustness of product designs.
- Travel to Client’s customer and supplier facilities, as necessary.
- Stay current on innovative manufacturing processes to facilitate optimal product design using DFA and/or Design for Assembly & Manufacturing methodology.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for customer and/or internal use, as necessary.
- Create and release appropriate engineering documentation.
- Investigate and analyze appropriate data to verify intent and compliance of design to customer and government specifications and requirements.
- As required, direct and monitor the activities of less experienced mechanical design engineers, as required by the departmental manager. Provide leadership and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Lead internal design reviews with peers and management to insure that new product designs are compliant to ‘Best Practices’ and ‘Lessons Learned’ requirements.
- BSME, BSMET or related degree.
- Work experience beyond the minimum experience requirement may be an acceptable substitute for engineeringdegree.
- 2-4Years’ experience in OEM automotive product design, including:
- Experience in the design and engineering of injection-molded plastic components
- Experience in the design and engineering of stamped sheet metal components
- CATIA V5 CAD design skills or equivalent in other CAD software
- Experience using DFMEA and/or DRBFM analytical tools
- Experience using PLM tools, especially ProductCenter and TeamCenter
- Working Knowledge:
- In-Depth understanding of the automotive product design and development process
- Proper drafting, dimensioning and tolerancing techniques, including GD&T.
- Knowledge of the APQP process
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Advanced degree, e.g. MSME, MSMET or MBA.
- Experience with the automotive OEM vehicle development process for OEMs such as Chrysler, Ford, GM, or Toyota
- Experience using other CAD tools, especially Unigraphics and ProEngineer
- Working Knowledge:
- Previous audio design experience
- Experience using analytical tools such as ANSYS or MoldFlow
- Experience using MS Office s/w, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel10% of the time, including to Queretaro and Juarez, MX.
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.