This position is a Senior Mechanical Engineering position that designs mechanical and electromechanical conveyors and machines for electronics and packaging line equipment. This
is an advanced engineering position and requires significant prior experience designing precision capital equipment and/or Robotics. Position will be required to design new equipment and support existing equipment.
1. Design and develop mechanical and electromechanical conveyor and other automation
products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing
and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from a variety of other
2. Develop drawing and manufacturing processes necessary for fabricating, building, and
3. Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation
4. Prepare product reports as necessary by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
information and trends.
5. Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
6. Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government and company
7. Assure completion of projects by training and guiding build technicians as necessary.
8. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
tradeshows, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
9. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. B.S. or Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
2. A minimum of five (5) years of experience operating in a capital equipment
manufacturing company, with demonstrated 3D design experience.
3. Prior robotics implementation a plus
1. Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning capabilities.
2. Good team player.
3. Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
4. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
5. Good communication skills, written and verbal.
6. Good computer skills, ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and
7. Results oriented.
Notes: heavy machine design experience, Salary position plus straight time for OT
Need someone with Robotics background
Relocation assistance—ranges from $5K to $10K depending on the distance of the move