Burns & McDonnell has exciting opportunities for Mechanical Engineers interested in growing their careers in one of the most fast paced, innovative companies for high tech building design and construction. Project focus would be data centers and telecommunications facilities but could include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional. Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned firm, with a nationwide presence. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind -- to make our clients successful. Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Designing mechanical systems/equipment to provide for a useful and safe workplace
- Advise clients regarding mechanical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Monitor installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Participate in developing the design criteria for air and water side of building mechanical systems
- Reviews mechanical designs and specifications of equipment or systems being purchased or fabricated.
- Developing concept studies and design
- Enforces standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or architectural from accredited program
- Minimum of 7 years of related mechanical design experience
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles, standards, and codes
- CAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office skills necessary to accomplish electrical design goals
- EIT professional designation with ambition to attain PE license
- Data center or telecommunication facility experience
- Knowledge of critical facility electrical design
- Ability to write specifications for electrical equipment, devices, and material
- Familiarity with other building systems and coordination with those systems and components