The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for highly complex projects and engineering assignments. Appraises technological developments, investigates feasibility of new techniques, and researches the suitability of new materials. Leads projects from inception to completion and ensures all objectives are met. Capable of collaborating with Engineering professionals and other cross-functional departments. This position develops new products from concept design through implementation into production (analyzing, understanding design requirements, designing components to meet requirements and testing the system to validate the design).
- Participates in the Innovation Process to help understand and refine the definition of requirements for new products to meet customer needs
- Develops (design, layout, conceptualization) new products from concept through production.
- Innovates solutions and develops systems based on customer needs.
- Performs mechanical design and development of component parts and assemblies.
- Contributes to System level design and has familiarity with how mechanical systems integrate and function with electrical and software control systems
- Performs analysis and tests product for design validation.
- Assists in the development and writing of product functional and design specifications.
- Completes assembly and testing for proof or concept validation.
- Completes customer site beta test for new systems.
- Performs functional testing and debugging of engineering prototypes.
- Generates engineering documentation including product drawings and manuals.
- Coordinates new product introduction and training with cross functional departments including manufacturing/product management/sales/service.
- Supports existing products with design improvements.
- Works in cross functional teams consisting of electrical engineers, software engineers, technicians, and product managers.
- Provide guidance and training to junior level engineers and technical staff.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required, advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 5year’s related experiencerequired
- Creative innovation and product development skills
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, and decision-making skills
- Industrial packing equipment design experience is preferred
- Ink jet printing and/or labeling equipment design experience is preferred
- Micro-electro mechanical / micro-fluidic system experience a plus
- FEA and CAE skills a plus
- Excellent Technical aptitude
- Experience with 3D CAD tools, SolidWorks preferred
- Good teamwork and project leadership skills