Ranked among the nation's top 10 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients.
Our growth has created a need for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding MEP design team in our Portland, ME Office.
- Field survey of existing mechanical, fire protection, and plumbing systems
- Design of HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems for commercial, industrial, and healthcare facilities
- Preparation of construction documents including drawings, specifications, calculations, and details
- Approval of mechanical submittals and aid in RFI responses during construction administration
- Assume the Lead HVAC designer's role on assigned projects. May serve as Project Engineer on smaller, less complex projects
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work (i.e. Autodesk Revit MEP & AutoCAD)
- 15+ years of relevant HVAC design experience
- PE a+
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Intimate knowledge of various New England State Building Codes
- Ability to work independently with general instructions - guidance from project manager and produce the expected results
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work on several projects at once
- Capable of providing technical direction and on-the-job training to less experienced designers