About Working at KIOSK Information Systems:
KIOSK helps organizations digitally transform by enabling automation with self-service solutions to improve the customer experience, while increasing operational and cost efficiencies. With over 27 years of experience and 250,000+ kiosks deployed, KIOSK is a market leader and trusted partner of Top 100 Retailers and Fortune 500 clients delivering proven expertise in design engineering and manufacturing, application development, integration, and comprehensive support services. We offer an innovative portfolio of kiosk solutions along with managed services and IoT capabilities to ensure a seamless user experience. Self-service is a fast paced and exciting industry with high professional growth potential.
The company offers a full spectrum product portfolio with all solution disciplines in one professional / manufacturing campus. We are a high performing and customer-centric team. KIOSK provides a respectful, fun, and collaborative work environment with great benefits and work / life balance.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer develops mechanical and electromechanical designs per customer requirements.
- Provide input for improvements in mechanical system architecture and mechanical design practices.
- Work with software and firmware engineers to develop joint system architecture
- Evaluate design performance through analysis and testing. (Structural, thermal, dynamics)
- Develop engineering test plans and reports.
- Develop, update and track project schedules.
- Work with customers to define product requirements.
- Work with customers for identification and implementation of new product designs.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Work with manufacturing to develop and implement assembly procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis for field failure evaluations.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior level engineers.
- Assist the sales team in the development of project proposals.
- May provide management of small project engineering teams.
- Work with vendors to ensure proper manufacturing of components or assemblies.
- Work with other engineering team members for successful project completion.
- BSME or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design and product development
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept to launch
- Deep knowledge of sheet metal design.
- Expert knowledge in at least one key mechanical design discipline.
- Working knowledge of weldment design and various welding techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, metal casting, thermoforming, stamping, bending and laser cutting.
- Ability to develop and implement test plans.
- 3D CAD experience, ProE/Creo .
- Experience with Windchill PDM .
- Experience with structural, fluid flow and thermal analysis utilizing CAD tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adaptability – Being open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
- Occasional travel to visit customers and vendors or to address field issues may be required. <10%.
- Must be able to sit / stand 8 hours
Starting Salary - Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
KIOSK values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (3 plans to choose from)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Annual Bonus program