IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our industry leading Mechanical Engineering team at our Morrisville, NC office location.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or Group Leader. The Senior Mechanical Engineer may oversee the entire HVAC/Utilities design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design, work on several concurrent projects and is recognized as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Mechanical Engineering within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory industries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses project requirements, breaks projects into tasks and works with Project Managers to determine scope of work while overseeing budget and staffing.
- Writes scopes of work for mechanical designs (HVAC/Utilities) based on preliminary review and client meetings.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new HVAC/Utilities systems and analyzes the operation of existing systems.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews the work of the project design teams, checks the progress of the work and alerts Project Managers of scope changes or additional services.
- Reviews contractor applications for payments and maintains a thorough understanding of the construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within IPS, externally with clients and with other relevant design professionals.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on the project scope.
- Develops and promotes the use of IPS design and production standards.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 8 years of proven mechanical design experience within Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory industries (industry experience is required).
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is strongly preferred.
- HVAC and/or Utilities design experience.