Key responsibilities include:
- Lead teams of junior engineers and designers
- Provide advanced technical advice to project staff and serve as project discipline engineer on major projects
- Serve as a Project Manager on projects of various sizes to be responsible for budget, schedules, scope and project staffing
- Meet and correspond with clients and outside personnel on a regular basis
- Some business development responsibilities
- Quality control
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical or architectural engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Candidate will have engineering experience in the medical and/or research facility construction industry, especially design-build projects.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the United States in good standing is required.
- Experience with medical facility systems design and equipment installations such as surgery suites, imaging suites, pharmacy systems design, and general patient care areas. Experienced in design of both medical office buildings and acute care medical facilities.
- Higher Education Laboratory facility design experience preferred.
- Experience with ISO Cleanrooms of ISO 7 or cleaner preferred.
- Previous consulting engineering experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access authorization to the clients' sites required.